More From Paul Wellstone
- "Education and democracy have the same goal: the fullest possible development of human capabilities."
- "There are three critical ingredients to democratic renewal and progressive change in America: good public policy, grassroots organizing and electoral politics."
- "If a teacher does not involve himself, his values, his commitments, in the course of discussion, why should the students?"
More In Power
- "Hateful is the power, and pitiable is the life, of those who wish to be feared rather than loved."― Cornelius Nepos
- "If the power to do hard work is not a skill, it’s the best possible substitute for it."― James A. Garfield
- "Writing for young children I find I often use particular jokes with words and exaggerated, funny events, but some of these haunt the more complex stories for older children too."― Margaret Mahy