More From Paul Valery
- "Our judgments judge us, and nothing reveals us, exposes our weaknesses, more ingeniously than the attitude of pronouncing upon our fellows."
- "God created man and, finding him not sufficiently alone, gave him a companion to make him feel his solitude more keenly."
- "War: a massacre of people who don’t know each other for the profit of people who know each other but don’t massacre each other."
More In Time
- "Manners require time, and nothing is more vulgar than haste."― Ralph Waldo Emerson
- "If you treat people right they will treat you right… ninety percent of the time."― Franklin D. Roosevelt
- "Every time I think that I’m getting old, and gradually going to the grave, something else happens."― Elvis Presley