More From Paul Valery
- "Politics is the art of preventing people from busying themselves with what is their own business."
- "History is the science of things which are not repeated."
- "The folly of mistaking a paradox for a discovery, a metaphor for a proof, a torrent of verbiage for a spring of capital truths, and oneself for an oracle, is inborn in us."
More In Attitude
- "Attitude is more important than the past, than education, than money, than circumstances, than what people do or say. It is more important than appearance, giftedness, or skill."― Charles R. Swindoll
- "I went to the Performing Arts School and studied classical ballet. That attitude is something that’s put into your head. You are never thin enough."― Carmen Electra
- "We can revolutionize the attitude of inner city brown and black kids to learning. We need a civil rights movement within the African-American community."― Henry Louis Gates