More From Paul Valery
- "The folly of mistaking a paradox for a discovery, a metaphor for a proof, a torrent of verbiage for a spring of capital truths, and oneself for an oracle, is inborn in us."
- "A great man is one who leaves others at a loss after he is gone."
- "In poetry everything which must be said is almost impossible to say well."
More In Attitude
- "What has happened is that to some degree they have taken an attitude where they don’t listen to demos of diverse subject matters. They’re looking for demos like the record the guy on the left just did."― Grandmaster Flash
- "Religions do a useful thing: they narrow God to the limits of man. Philosophy replies by doing a necessary thing: it elevates man to the plane of God."― Victor Hugo
- "Listen, whatever makes the movie better. That’s the attitude you have to have."― Joseph Kosinski