More From Paul Valery
- "Science means simply the aggregate of all the recipes that are always successful. All the rest is literature."
- "A great man is one who leaves others at a loss after he is gone."
- "Our judgments judge us, and nothing reveals us, exposes our weaknesses, more ingeniously than the attitude of pronouncing upon our fellows."
More In Poetry
- "Poetry is when an emotion has found its thought and the thought has found words."― Robert Frost
- "In poetry, you must love the words, the ideas and the images and rhythms with all your capacity to love anything at all."― Wallace Stevens
- "Poetry must have something in it that is barbaric, vast and wild."― Denis Diderot