More From Paul Theroux
- "Tourists don’t know where they’ve been, travelers don’t know where they’re going."
- "Death is an endless night so awful to contemplate that it can make us love life and value it with such passion that it may be the ultimate cause of all joy and all art."
- "When I started writing, I did have some idealised notion of my dad as a writer. But I have less and less of a literary rivalry with him as I’ve gone on. I certainly don’t feel I need his approval, although maybe that’s because I’m confident that I’ve got it."
More In Travel
- "Our covering ministry is Challenge for Christ ministries, and Travel the Road was solely our mission arm, designed to expose people to what missions are, then connect them with agencies that send people out."― Michael Scott
- "Soul travel can be a general expansion of awareness and knowingness or conscious experience of the heavenly worlds."― Bob Hayes
- "When I travel, I draw and paint sketches which is great fun. And as long as you are fully aware that it has nothing to do with actual art, I think that’s all right."― Arne Jacobsen