More From Paul Muldoon
- "The other side of it is that, despite all that, people reach out to poetry at the key moments in their lives."
- "That’s one of the great things about poetry; one realises that one does one’s little turn – that you’re just part of the great crop, as it were."
- "We simply have not kept in touch with poetry."
More In Poetry
- "All one’s inventions are true, you can be sure of that. Poetry is as exact a science as geometry."― Gustave Flaubert
- "Daddy loves you, but he smacks you, and he can shout at you and smash things, but Daddy still loves you. So when you get into a relationship with someone who does all of that, why would it be unusual?"― Trisha Goddard
- "Poetry may make us from time to time a little more aware of the deeper, unnamed feelings which form the substratum of our being, to which we rarely penetrate; for our lives are mostly a constant evasion of ourselves."― T. S. Eliot