More From Patty Murray
- "Violence is a problem we all want to solve. I want to make sure that kids learn to deal with anger by learning how to talk with people to solve problems. Here in the United States Senate I want to make sure we have safe schools, safe neighborhoods and good things for kids to do after school!"
- "There is nothing new about these Republican attacks on our family planning decisions. In fact, from the moment they came into power, Republicans in the House of Representatives have been waging a war on women’s health."
- "Security is still the most important issue facing Washington state residents and millions of Americans – the security of having a job, of access to affordable health care, of a quality education, and of protecting our homeland and defending our nation."
More In Education
- "And yet, I suppose you mourn the loss or the death of what you thought your life was, even if you find your life is better after. You mourn the future that you thought you’d planned."― Lynn Redgrave
- "Unfortunately, the elimination of incentives such as parole, good time credits and funding for college courses, means that fewer inmates participate in and excel in literacy, education, treatment and other development programs."― Bobby Scott
- "Racial segregation has come back to public education with a vengeance."― Jonathan Kozol