More From Patrick Henry
- "We are not weak if we make a proper use of those means which the God of Nature has placed in our power… the battle, sir, is not to the strong alone it is to the vigilant, the active, the brave."
- "This is all the inheritance I give to my dear family. The religion of Christ will give them one which will make them rich indeed."
- "Perfect freedom is as necessary to the health and vigor of commerce as it is to the health and vigor of citizenship."
More In Death
- "There’s been a slow death in a way. On the positive side, there are films getting into the Academy Awards that wouldn’t have, but on the negative side, financiers are now dominant and making all the decisions. I can’t count the ways a director’s vision is compromised."― Lili Taylor
- "Death is not extinguishing the light; it is only putting out the lamp because the dawn has come."― Rabindranath Tagore
- "The drink? Yes, I’ve had tough times in my life, especially the last year, regarding my ex-wife, my kids, I nearly broke my neck, I was on death row with pneumonia."― Paul Gascoigne