More From Patrick Henry
- "Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death!"
- "I have now disposed of all my property to my family. There is one thing more I wish I could give them, and that is the Christian religion."
- "I have but one lamp by which my feet are guided, and that is the lamp of experience."
More In Death
- "An ideal wife is one who remains faithful to you but tries to be just as charming as if she weren’t."― Sacha Guitry
- "Music is my thing. It’s my thing; it’s what I love. It’s what I do. It’s football to me; it’s Christmas to me; religion to me; poetry to me."― Ryan Adams
- "Benjamin Franklin said there were only two things certain in life: death and taxes. But I’d like to add a third certainty: trash. And while some in this room might want to discuss reducing taxes, I want to talk about reducing trash."― Ruth Ann Minner