More From Patricia Heaton
- "Before we had the kids, my husband and I were traveling a lot and working and really enjoying our lives and each other. We both love the theater and books and travel and so we were really having a lot of fun."
- "It’s a little bit in the genes because my brother is a journalist and my father was a sports writer."
- "It’s hard enough to work and raise a family when your kids are all healthy and relatively normal, but when you add on some kind of disability or disease, it can just be such a burden."
More In Happiness
- "The consuming desire of most human beings is deliberately to plant their whole life in the hands of some other person. I would describe this method of searching for happiness as immature. Development of character consists solely in moving toward self-sufficiency."― Quentin Crisp
- "We are not about to send American boys 9 or 10 thousand miles away from home to do what Asian boys ought to be doing for themselves."― Lyndon B. Johnson
- "A pencil and rubber are of more use to thought than a battalion of assistants. To happiness the same applies as to truth: one does not have it, but is in it."― Theodor Adorno