More From Padma Lakshmi
- "Wine, like food, is so emotional. If you think about it, so much of the courting ritual is surrounded by wine and food. There’s a built-in romance to wine."
- "From the simple stringing together of lemon garlands for the goddess Durga, to dividing the prasadam or blessed foods for the children first, I came to associate food not only with feminity, but also with purity and divinity."
- "My mom was scared of the old Times Square so I was never allowed to go. Now I’m scared of the new Times Square, so I still never go."
More In Romantic
- "Ooh, it’s too embarrassing to share my innermost romantic secrets – although I have written Danielle the odd poem. If anything they are more comedic than romantic. They used to be well-received but that was before she started studying Shakespeare at drama college. Now I feel so inept."― Gary Lineker
- "I’m sick of playing romantic leads."― John Corbett
- "If I were sufficiently romantic I suppose I’d have killed myself long ago just to make people talk about me. I haven’t even got the conviction to make a successful drunkard."― John Dos Passos