More From Padma Lakshmi
- "Wine, like food, is so emotional. If you think about it, so much of the courting ritual is surrounded by wine and food. There’s a built-in romance to wine."
- "I think wine is such a big universe that it’s kind of like food – it’s intimidating to a lot of people, myself included."
- "From the simple stringing together of lemon garlands for the goddess Durga, to dividing the prasadam or blessed foods for the children first, I came to associate food not only with feminity, but also with purity and divinity."
More In Romantic
- "You go to a show, and there’s no food at all, so if you’re doing shows back to back, you can forget eating. I remember standing up in the bath one day, and there was a mirror in front of me, and I was so thin! I hated it. I never liked being that skinny."― Kate Moss
- "I don’t know if it’s possible to live the rock ‘n roll lifestyle and still be romantic."― Adam Levine
- "I had no romantic interest in Gable. I considered him an older man."― Gene Tierney