More From Padma Lakshmi
- "Part of my job as a food writer is to describe food. So my work on ‘Top Chef,’ I feel, is an extension of that. When we give a criticism to the contestant, we want to make sure we tell them why it’s not working and why it would work if they did it a different way."
- "I think wine is such a big universe that it’s kind of like food – it’s intimidating to a lot of people, myself included."
- "I’m an immigrant kid who came to America from India when I was very young and grew up in New York City with a single mom and really was influenced by all of those immigrant cultures bumping up against each other."
More In Romantic
- "I’m a big romantic, so I love guys who are romantic too."― Ashley Tisdale
- "If I can give you one strong piece of advice, when you go away for that romantic weekend, whatever you do, do not accept or take the upgrade to the honeymoon suite."― Gordon Ramsay
- "It’s easier to write from my own life, and it’s also more fun. I always write about relationships, for instance, whether they’re romantic relationships, friendships, encounters… there’s always a lesson to be learned from them."― Jason Mraz