More From P. J. Harvey
- "I was a visual artist primarily and a writer, even from a very young age."
- "I work on words, mostly, toward them being poetry or short stories, and then some of those become songs. They all find their place in the world, but they all start off in the same place. I’m always painting and drawing as well, and it’s an ongoing creative assignment."
- "I tried to use words that were dealing with the emotional quality that any human being could recognize in the way that they felt about their country. It’s to do with the world we live in. That world is a brutal one and full of war. It’s also full of many wonderful things and love and hope."
More In Mom
- "I’m a religious person. I remember my mom told me: ‘Vengeance belongs to God. It’s up to him to wreak vengeance.’ It’s hard for me to get to that point, but that’s the work of God."― Rodney King
- "There’s always an article coming out, saying, ‘The new thing is funny women!’"― Lena Dunham
- "I was raised in Boston by three older brothers and a very strong and empowering single mom."― Eliza Dushku