More From P. J. Harvey
- "I was a visual artist primarily and a writer, even from a very young age."
- "I work on words quite separately to music. They’re both ongoing, and I don’t ever feel like I’m working in a cycle in that respect, because it’s every day anyway, no matter what I’m doing. Then I get to a point when I’ve collected together enough words that seem like they want to be songs rather than poems, or sometimes not."
- "I didn’t know folk music growing up, no. It’s something I’ve come to study, really, because I think there’s so much to learn from traditional music in the sense of the way music began as a way of communication, the traveling storyteller, the bard, the minstrels."
More In Mom
- "I was a single mom that raised two bright, beautiful, and compassionate girls."― Connie Stevens
- "Fortunately, when you’re a mom, the responsibility of caring for your child can keep you going."― Shania Twain
- "I think if I could be any superhero, it’d probably be my mom… but I don’t think I’d look too good in high heels, so it’s not gonna happen."― Jason Behr