More From Otto von Bismarck
- "Be polite; write diplomatically; even in a declaration of war one observes the rules of politeness."
- "People never lie so much as after a hunt, during a war or before an election."
- "The great questions of the day will not be settled by means of speeches and majority decisions but by iron and blood."
More In History
- "A pint of sweat, saves a gallon of blood."― George S. Patton
- "Everything was going my way. I was happily marching into the history books. Then it all just fell apart."― George Michael
- "History offers no evidence for the proposition that the assignment of women to military combat jobs is the way to win wars, improve combat readiness, or promote national security."― Phyllis Schlafly