More From Otto von Bismarck
- "Anyone who has ever looked into the glazed eyes of a soldier dying on the battlefield will think hard before starting a war."
- "The great questions of the day will not be settled by means of speeches and majority decisions but by iron and blood."
- "Laws are like sausages, it is better not to see them being made."
More In War
- "I mean, I was born the day war broke out, but I don’t remember all the bombs though they did actually break up Liverpool, you know. I remember when I was a little older, there was big gaps in all the streets where houses used to be. We used to play over them."― Ringo Starr
- "I think that NATO is itself a war criminal."― Harold Pinter
- "The United States established itself as a trustworthy new nation in its first two decades after the Revolutionary War by paying its debts, even when many in the country believed it had no obligation to do so. Alexander Hamilton, the founder of this newspaper, insisted on it."― John Podhoretz