More From Oscar Wilde
- "When I was young I thought that money was the most important thing in life; now that I am old I know that it is."
- "If you pretend to be good, the world takes you very seriously. If you pretend to be bad, it doesn’t. Such is the astounding stupidity of optimism."
- "There is something terribly morbid in the modern sympathy with pain. One should sympathise with the colour, the beauty, the joy of life. The less said about life’s sores the better."
More In Forgiveness
- "Forgiveness is not a feeling – it’s a decision we make because we want to do what’s right before God. It’s a quality decision that won’t be easy and it may take time to get through the process, depending on the severity of the offense."― Joyce Meyer
- "If there is something to pardon in everything, there is also something to condemn."― Friedrich Nietzsche
- "I did Star 80, which was a magnificent experience as well, but still, I was at the height of my career at the beginning. Then I had to jump down the ladder and climb back up again, which I didn’t understand. That was very hard."― Mariel Hemingway