More From Oscar Wilde
- "There is only one class in the community that thinks more about money than the rich, and that is the poor. The poor can think of nothing else."
- "An excellent man; he has no enemies; and none of his friends like him."
- "Morality is simply the attitude we adopt towards people whom we personally dislike."
More In Poetry
- "No poem is easily grasped; so why should any reader expect fast results?"― John Barton
- "Besides the actual reading in class of many poems, I would suggest you do two things: first, while teaching everything you can and keeping free of it, teach that poetry is a mode of discourse that differs from logical exposition."― A. R. Ammons
- "The poet exposes himself to the risk. All that has been said about poetry, all that he has learned about poetry, is only a partial assurance."― A. R. Ammons