More From Oscar Wilde
- "It is better to be beautiful than to be good. But… it is better to be good than to be ugly."
- "If you pretend to be good, the world takes you very seriously. If you pretend to be bad, it doesn’t. Such is the astounding stupidity of optimism."
- "The moment you think you understand a great work of art, it’s dead for you."
More In Poetry
- "I have written some songs, but I would really call what I’ve done poetry at the end of the day, because I’ll sit with my guitar for hours and hours on end for, like, a week and then I won’t touch it for a month. I also just have no confidence. And you know what? I don’t have time, because I’d rather be doing other things, like knitting."― Amanda Seyfried
- "And that just shows you how important the car is in Formula One Racing."― Murray Walker
- "Singing really oxygenates your blood. You stretch your lungs and take in much more air into them than before. It’s really good for your health."― Marisa Tomei