More From Omar Bongo
- "My actions to promote peace, the mediation missions which I carried out during many conflicts, which very often occurred between brothers of the same country, are not driven by any ulterior motives or any calculations based on personal ambitions."
- "For about ten years now, the struggle for democracy and the respect of human rights has been in the focus point – if not a commodity – of political groups aiming to rise to power."
- "It is up to African leaders to show their will and political courage in order to assure that this new pan-African institution becomes an efficient instrument and not a place for endless discussions."
More In Education
- "It was the full conviction of this, and of what could be done, if every man were placed in the office for which he was fitted by nature and a proper education, which first suggested to me the plan of Illumination."― Adam Weishaupt
- "An education isn’t how much you have committed to memory, or even how much you know. It’s being able to differentiate between what you know and what you don’t."― Anatole France
- "True education flowers at the point when delight falls in love with responsibility."― Philip Pullman