More From Oliver Wendell Holmes
- "As life is action and passion, it is required of a man that he should share the passion and action of his time, at the peril of being not to have lived."
- "Memories, imagination, old sentiments, and associations are more readily reached through the sense of smell than through any other channel."
- "A few can touch the magic string, and noisy fame is proud to win them: Alas for those that never sing, but die with all their music in them!"
More In Friendship
- "We call that person who has lost his father, an orphan; and a widower that man who has lost his wife. But that man who has known the immense unhappiness of losing a friend, by what name do we call him? Here every language is silent and holds its peace in impotence."― Joseph Roux
- "No distance of place or lapse of time can lessen the friendship of those who are thoroughly persuaded of each other’s worth."― Robert Southey
- "I think that my biggest attribute to any success that I have had is hard work. There really is no substitute for working hard."― Maria Bartiromo