More From Oliver Wendell Holmes
- "I don’t generally feel anything until noon, then it’s time for my nap."
- "Science is a first-rate piece of furniture for a man’s upper chamber, if he has common sense on the ground floor."
- "Don’t you stay at home of evenings? Don’t you love a cushioned seat in a corner, by the fireside, with your slippers on your feet?"
More In Best
- "Life’s like a play: it’s not the length, but the excellence of the acting that matters."― Lucius Annaeus Seneca
- "Live like you’re already dead, man. Have a good time. Do your best. Let it all come ripping right through you."― Jeff Bridges
- "Excellence is the best deterrent to racism or sexism."― Oprah Winfrey