More From Oliver Wendell Holmes
- "As life is action and passion, it is required of a man that he should share the passion and action of his time, at the peril of being not to have lived."
- "It’s faith in something and enthusiasm for something that makes a life worth living."
- "Where we love is home – home that our feet may leave, but not our hearts."
More In Men
- "Most of us women like men, you know; it’s just that we find them a constant disappointment."― Clare Short
- "What we call Man’s power over Nature turns out to be a power exercised by some men over other men with Nature as its instrument."― C. S. Lewis
- "It is dangerous for mortal beauty, or terrestrial virtue, to be examined by too strong a light. The torch of Truth shows much that we cannot, and all that we would not, see."― Samuel Johnson