More From Ogden Nash
- "Middle age is when you’ve met so many people that every new person you meet reminds you of someone else."
- "If you don’t want to work you have to work to earn enough money so that you won’t have to work."
- "The bed is a bundle of paradoxes: we go to it with reluctance, yet we quit it with regret; we make up our minds every night to leave it early, but we make up our bodies every morning to keep it late."
More In Happiness
- "My mother was electric onstage, and I vividly recall the extraordinary power she had over her audiences."― Lorna Luft
- "As to happiness in this life it is hardly compatible with that diminished respect which ever attends the relinquishing of labour."― Anthony Trollope
- "By asking the question ‘Am I happy?,’ and via the answer setting out what I mean by happiness, there is a political route that can be taken, by asking another question – ‘Can politics deliver happiness, and should it try?’"― Alastair Campbell