More From Octavia Butler
- "I was attracted to science fiction because it was so wide open. I was able to do anything and there were no walls to hem you in and there was no human condition that you were stopped from examining."
- "I began reading science fiction before I was 12 and started writing science fiction around the same time."
- "Science fiction let me do both. It let me look into science and stick my nose in everywhere."
More In Science
- "I think if I’m going to do a science fiction, I’m going to go down a new path that I want to do."― Ridley Scott
- "No doubt it is true that science cannot study God, but it hardly follows that God had to keep a safe distance from everything that scientists want to study."― Phillip E. Johnson
- "One of the problems we’ve had is that the ICT curriculum in the past has been written for a subject that is changing all the time. I think that what we should have is computer science in the future – and how it fits in to the curriculum is something we need to be talking to scientists, to experts in coding and to young people about."― Michael Gove