More From Norman Vincent Peale
- "When you pray for anyone you tend to modify your personal attitude toward him."
- "Part of the happiness of life consists not in fighting battles, but in avoiding them. A masterly retreat is in itself a victory."
- "Formulate and stamp indelibly on your mind a mental picture of yourself as succeeding. Hold this picture tenaciously. Never permit it to fade. Your mind will seek to develop the picture… Do not build up obstacles in your imagination."
More In Attitude
- "It’s a fundamental, social attitude that the 1% supports symphonies and operas and doesn’t support Johnny learning to program hip-hop beats. When I put it like that, it sounds like, ‘Well, yeah,’ but you start to think, ‘Why not, though?’ What makes one more valuable than another?"― David Byrne
- "I’m most proud of the blessings that God has bestowed upon me, in my life. He’s given me the vision to truly see that you can fall down, but you can still get back up. Hopefully I’ll learn from my mistakes and have the opportunity to strengthen and improve the next thing I do."― Martin Lawrence
- "When you have vision it affects your attitude. Your attitude is optimistic rather than pessimistic."― Charles R. Swindoll