More From Norman Vincent Peale
- "Formulate and stamp indelibly on your mind a mental picture of yourself as succeeding. Hold this picture tenaciously. Never permit it to fade. Your mind will seek to develop the picture… Do not build up obstacles in your imagination."
- "When you pray for anyone you tend to modify your personal attitude toward him."
- "Stand up to your obstacles and do something about them. You will find that they haven’t half the strength you think they have."
More In Attitude
- "We live in a country that used to have a can-do attitude, and now we have a ‘what-can-you-do-for-me?’ attitude, and what I try to do is find ways that we can develop common ground."― Benjamin Carson
- "I’ve never run into a guy who could win at the top level in anything today and didn’t have the right attitude, didn’t give it everything he had, at least while he was doing it; wasn’t prepared and didn’t have the whole program worked out."― Ted Turner
- "My attitude on skis is different now. I have learned to put less pressure on myself and on the edges of my skis when I’m racing, to be keep myself more under control."― Hermann Maier