More From Norman Spinrad
- "The world has become more complex as technology and easy travel mixes cultures without homogenizing them."
- "I’ve always been interested in the relationship between total external surround, culture, the political matrix, technology, etc., and the internal human consciousness."
- "As a child, I read science fiction, but from the very beginnings of my reading for pleasure, I read a lot of non-fictional history, particularly historical biography."
More In Design
- "While it’s really hard to do, at the same time, I’m escaping my body, which I really want to do. I’m living someone else’s life. I get very intensely into the story, into the interviews and the research. I’m experiencing things along with my subjects. I have a freedom I don’t have in my physical life."― Laura Hillenbrand
- "I don’t design cars. I’m not a designer. I know what I desire to be built, I know what the end result is, the horsepower, the competition we’ll be working against – but I leave it to the people who work with me to put it all together. I don’t do anything."― Caroll Shelby
- "In both business and personal life, I’ve always found that travel inspires me more than anything else I do. Evidence of the languages, cultures, scenery, food, and design sensibilities that I discover all over the world can be found in every piece of my jewelry."― Ivanka Trump