More From Noam Chomsky
- "I remember at the age of five travelling on a trolley car with my mother past a group of women on a picket line at a textile plant, seeing them being viciously beaten by security people. So that kind of thing stayed with me."
- "In the late 1990s, some of the worst terrorist atrocities in the world were what the Turkish government itself called state terror, namely massive atrocities, 80 percent of the arms coming from the United States, millions of refugees, tens of thousands of people killed, hideous repression, that’s international terror, and we can go on and on."
- "The principle that human nature, in its psychological aspects, is nothing more than a product of history and given social relations removes all barriers to coercion and manipulation by the powerful."
More In Cool
- "Part of Obama’s persona is self-reliance. He’s calm; he’s cool; he’s self-possessed. In many ways, he has tried to define himself in opposition to Clinton’s sometimes needy, often undisciplined, emotionalism."― Dee Dee Myers
- "I think some people record songs and make records a certain way to cater to radio. If you’re born to make commercial music that’s cool. But if you’re born to not make commercial records, maybe you’re meant to cater to another market."― Bryan White
- "My favorite thing is when cartoon fans show up to my live gigs! They are always the most kick-butt audience members ’cause they’re not trying to act all cool like a lot of the music fans do!"― Grey DeLisle