More From Nicolas Chamfort
- "The art of the parenthesis is one of the greatest secrets of eloquence in Society."
- "When a man and a woman have an overwhelming passion for each other, it seems to me, in spite of such obstacles dividing them as parents or husband, that they belong to each other in the name of Nature, and are lovers by Divine right, in spite of human convention or the laws."
- "Swallow a toad in the morning and you will encounter nothing more disgusting the rest of the day."
More In Car
- "The best car safety device is a rear-view mirror with a cop in it."― Dudley Moore
- "We won a contest at the teen fair in Vancouver and the first prize was a recording contract and we recorded at a radio station on the stairway, and we did a record and it got put out."― Tommy Chong
- "(On seeing a former lover for the first time in years) I thought I told you to wait in the car."― Tallulah Bankhead