More From Nick Clegg
- "Politics is a highly tribal business."
- "What I hope is in five years’ time, I can go to the British people in the election and say: Lots of you doubted that coalition politics worked, but it has worked."
- "I didn’t become leader to transform the Liberal Democrats into an enlarged form of the Electoral Reform Society. It’s not the be all and end all for us. There are other very, very key ambitions in politics, not least social mobility and life chances, that I care about as passionately if not more."
More In Anger
- "I get in trouble when I say things like, ‘I’m attracted to violence.’ I was a pretty angry kid, and I got into military history largely as a way to vent my own anger. As I got older it narrowed down to a more specific focus on individual violence. I’m just trying to understand where it came from."― Caleb Carr
- "As a culture I see us as presently deprived of subtleties. The music is loud, the anger is elevated, sex seems lacking in sweetness and privacy."― Shelley Berman
- "How often it is that the angry man rages denial of what his inner self is telling him."― Frank Herbert