More From Niccolo Machiavelli
- "God is not willing to do everything, and thus take away our free will and that share of glory which belongs to us."
- "War is just when it is necessary; arms are permissible when there is no hope except in arms."
- "There are three kinds of intelligence: one kind understands things for itself, the other appreciates what others can understand, the third understands neither for itself nor through others. This first kind is excellent, the second good, and the third kind useless."
More In Great
- "In action a great heart is the chief qualification. In work, a great head."― Arthur Schopenhauer
- "There are no great limits to growth because there are no limits of human intelligence, imagination, and wonder."― Ronald Reagan
- "Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."― Wilma Rudolph