More From Niccolo Machiavelli
- "War should be the only study of a prince. He should consider peace only as a breathing-time, which gives him leisure to contrive, and furnishes as ability to execute, military plans."
- "Never was anything great achieved without danger."
- "There are three kinds of intelligence: one kind understands things for itself, the other appreciates what others can understand, the third understands neither for itself nor through others. This first kind is excellent, the second good, and the third kind useless."
More In Great
- "Mankind is made great or little by its own will."― Friedrich Schiller
- "No man is great enough or wise enough for any of us to surrender our destiny to. The only way in which anyone can lead us is to restore to us the belief in our own guidance."― Henry Miller
- "There never was any heart truly great and generous, that was not also tender and compassionate."― Robert Frost