More From Niccolo Machiavelli
- "War is just when it is necessary; arms are permissible when there is no hope except in arms."
- "Men should be either treated generously or destroyed, because they take revenge for slight injuries – for heavy ones they cannot."
- "The wish to acquire more is admittedly a very natural and common thing; and when men succeed in this they are always praised rather than condemned. But when they lack the ability to do so and yet want to acquire more at all costs, they deserve condemnation for their mistakes."
More In Religion
- "Education’s purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."― Malcolm Forbes
- "The traditional spokespersons for the Evangelicals, such as Chuck Colson and James Dobson, have become alarmed about this drift away from the ‘Family Values’ issues that they believe should be the overwhelming concerns of Evangelicals. They have expressed their displeasure in letters of protest circulated through the religious media."― Tony Campolo
- "There are a lot of Grinches out there that would like nothing better than to take any references to religion out of the holiday season."― Ernest Istook