More From Niccolo Machiavelli
- "The distinction between children and adults, while probably useful for some purposes, is at bottom a specious one, I feel. There are only individual egos, crazy for love."
- "The first method for estimating the intelligence of a ruler is to look at the men he has around him."
- "To understand the nature of the people one must be a prince, and to understand the nature of the prince, one must be of the people."
More In Religion
- "I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else."― C. S. Lewis
- "No power of government ought to be employed in the endeavor to establish any system or article of belief on the subject of religion."― Jeremy Bentham
- "Character is the indelible mark that determines the only true value of all people and all their work."― Orison Swett Marden