More From Niccolo Machiavelli
- "A return to first principles in a republic is sometimes caused by the simple virtues of one man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example."
- "A wise ruler ought never to keep faith when by doing so it would be against his interests."
- "The first method for estimating the intelligence of a ruler is to look at the men he has around him."
More In Men
- "I think people are born bisexual and the make subconscious choices based on the pressures of society. I have no question in my mind about being bisexual. But I’m also a hypocrite: I would never date a girl who is bisexual, because that means they also sleep with men, and men are so dirty that I’d never sleep with a girl who had slept with a man."― Megan Fox
- "Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something."― Plato
- "The hate of men will pass, and dictators die, and the power they took from the people will return to the people. And so long as men die, liberty will never perish."― Charlie Chaplin