More From Niccolo Machiavelli
- "War is just when it is necessary; arms are permissible when there is no hope except in arms."
- "A return to first principles in a republic is sometimes caused by the simple virtues of one man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example."
- "God is not willing to do everything, and thus take away our free will and that share of glory which belongs to us."
More In Men
- "When women are depressed, they eat or go shopping. Men invade another country. It’s a whole different way of thinking."― Elayne Boosler
- "I’ve always been into guitars… we want to put keyboards on, but keyboard players don’t look cool onstage, they just keep their heads down. There has never been a cool keyboard player, apart from Elton John."― Noel Gallagher
- "True there has been more talk of peace since 1945 than, I should think, at any other time in history. At least we hear more and read more about it because man’s words, for good or ill, can now so easily reach the millions."― Lester B. Pearson