More From Niccolo Machiavelli
- "Whoever conquers a free town and does not demolish it commits a great error and may expect to be ruined himself."
- "A return to first principles in a republic is sometimes caused by the simple virtues of one man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example."
- "Men should be either treated generously or destroyed, because they take revenge for slight injuries – for heavy ones they cannot."
More In Men
- "Within the hearts men, loyalty and consideration are esteemed greater than success."― Bryant H. McGill
- "Of all the men that have run for president in the twentieth century, only George McGovern truly understood what a monument America could be to the human race."― Hunter S. Thompson
- "States are as the men, they grow out of human characters."― Plato