More From Niccolo Machiavelli
- "Men should be either treated generously or destroyed, because they take revenge for slight injuries – for heavy ones they cannot."
- "The distinction between children and adults, while probably useful for some purposes, is at bottom a specious one, I feel. There are only individual egos, crazy for love."
- "There are three kinds of intelligence: one kind understands things for itself, the other appreciates what others can understand, the third understands neither for itself nor through others. This first kind is excellent, the second good, and the third kind useless."
More In Good
- "Who can I trust? You have to invest in somebody and chances are you’re probably going to invest in somebody who’s going to deceive you. I’ve been conned a couple of times, but now I’m a little more savvy."― Maggie Gyllenhaal
- "As a real person, he wouldn’t last a minute, would he? But drama is about imperfection. And we’ve moved away from the aspirational hero. We got tired of it, it was dull. If I was House’s friend, I would hate it. How he so resolutely refuses to be happy or take the kind-hearted road. But we don’t always like morally good people, do we?"― Hugh Laurie
- "He who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead; his eyes are closed."― Albert Einstein