More From Niccolo Machiavelli
- "There is no surer sign of decay in a country than to see the rites of religion held in contempt."
- "There is no avoiding war; it can only be postponed to the advantage of others."
- "Men should be either treated generously or destroyed, because they take revenge for slight injuries – for heavy ones they cannot."
More In Good
- "The moderation of people in prosperity is the effect of a smooth and composed temper, owing to the calm of their good fortune."― Francois de La Rochefoucauld
- "Good copy can’t be written with tongue in cheek, written just for a living. You’ve got to believe in the product."― David Ogilvy
- "Success without honor is an unseasoned dish; it will satisfy your hunger, but it won’t taste good."― Joe Paterno