More From Nathaniel Hawthorne
- "We sometimes congratulate ourselves at the moment of waking from a troubled dream; it may be so the moment after death."
- "Words – so innocent and powerless as they are, as standing in a dictionary, how potent for good and evil they become in the hands of one who knows how to combine them."
- "The founders of a new colony, whatever Utopia of human virtue and happiness they might originally project, have invariably recognized it among their earliest practical necessities to allot a portion of the virgin soil as a cemetery, and another portion as the site of a prison."
More In Cool
- "Honestly, I’m cool with everyone, and people pick up on that. I’d say, ‘I’m not gay, but it’s all good.’ It’s kind of like going to Paris when you don’t know the language; some Americans get into trouble over there, but I’m just like, ‘Sorry, I don’t speak French.’"― Dylan McDermott
- "Playing well with others is important – not being too flashy, just keeping good time and of course coming up with cool beats. A good snare drum, kick drum, high hat. Just getting good at the hand feet coordination."― Chad Smith
- "I hate big government, but I really hate a government that doesn’t work. So when ‘they say we either have to raise taxes or cut core services,’ it’s actually a ‘false choice.’"― Scott Walker