More From Nancy Pelosi
- "I say to my colleagues never confine your best work, your hopes, your dreams, the aspiration of the American people to what will be signed by George W. Bush because that is too limiting a factor."
- "For 25 years, it has been my privilege to represent the city of San Francisco and the great state of California; to work to strengthen our vibrant middle class; to secure opportunity and equality."
- "I think about my parents all the time, especially on Sunday when I’m at Mass. My mother always said, ‘We do not pray to win elections. We pray for people’s health, we pray that God’s will be done, we pray that we do our best. But we do not pray to win elections.’"
More In Relationship
- "I just hope that I continue to keep a line between my private life and who I play, even if they are closely intertwined, and so I’m careful. I don’t even know where my line is, but I know I have a line."― Lena Dunham
- "Why should a great and powerful nation like the United States allow its relationship with more than a billion Muslims around the world to be defined by the narrow hatred and nihilistic actions of an exceptionally small minority of Muslims?"― John O. Brennan
- "It avoids a self-conscious relationship to the act. We live in the most self-conscious society in the history of mankind. There are good things in that, but there are also terrible things. The worst of it is, that we find it hard to give ourselves to the cultural process."― Larry Harvey