More From Muhammad Ali
- "Wars of nations are fought to change maps. But wars of poverty are fought to map change."
- "Life is a gamble. You can get hurt, but people die in plane crashes, lose their arms and legs in car accidents; people die every day. Same with fighters: some die, some get hurt, some go on. You just don’t let yourself believe it will happen to you."
- "Oh, how great peace and quietness would he possess who should cut off all vain anxiety and place all his confidence in God."
More In Friendship
- "Marriage, for a woman at least, hampers the two things that made life to me glorious – friendship and learning."― Jane Harrison
- "Ray Bradbury is, for many reasons, the most influential writer in my life. Throughout our long friendship, Ray supplied not only his terrific stories but a grand model of what a writer could be, should be, and yet rarely is: brilliant and charming and accessible, willing to tolerate and to teach, happy to inspire but also to be inspired."― Greg Bear
- "But friendship is precious, not only in the shade, but in the sunshine of life, and thanks to a benevolent arrangement the greater part of life is sunshine."― Thomas Jefferson