More From Mos Def
- "I was taught when there’s somethin’ you can change around keep quiet, you got nothin’ to complain about."
- "Bob Marley performed the ‘One Love Peace’ concert in Jamaica with the two different warring political sides. There’s always been that in black music and culture in general. It’s no surprise because black music is such a reflection of what’s going on in black life. It’s not unusual for hip-hop."
- "I come from a family of very devout, praying people. That idea of peace and love toward humanity shouldn’t be nationalistic or denominational. It should be a chief concern for all mankind."
More In Good
- "So far is it from being true that men are naturally equal, that no two people can be half an hour together, but one shall acquire an evident superiority over the other."― Samuel Johnson
- "I think sportsmanship is knowing that it is a game, that we are only as a good as our opponents, and whether you win or lose, to always give 100 percent."― Sue Wicks
- "Hell isn’t merely paved with good intentions; it’s walled and roofed with them. Yes, and furnished too."― Aldous Huxley