More From Mortimer Adler
- "It is love rather than sexual lust or unbridled sexuality if, in addition to the need or want involved, there is also some impulse to give pleasure to the persons thus loved and not merely to use them for our own selfish pleasure."
- "Love consists in giving without getting in return; in giving what is not owed, what is not due the other. That’s why true love is never based, as associations for utility or pleasure are, on a fair exchange."
- "Aristotle uses a mother’s love for her child as the prime example of love or friendship."
More In Movies
- "When I got depressed, I watched Bruce Lee movies. I learned everything from Bruce Lee."― Jackie Chan
- "I’m not an especially highbrow person, but I have always loved small, quirky, edgy movies."― Diablo Cody
- "I don’t really care where movies come from as long as they’re worth making."― Javier Bardem