More From Mortimer Adler
- "One of the embarrassing problems for the early nineteenth-century champions of the Christian faith was that not one of the first six Presidents of the United States was an orthodox Christian."
- "When we ask for love, we don’t ask others to be fair to us-but rather to care for us, to be considerate of us. There is a world of difference here between demanding justice… and begging or pleading for love."
- "It is love rather than sexual lust or unbridled sexuality if, in addition to the need or want involved, there is also some impulse to give pleasure to the persons thus loved and not merely to use them for our own selfish pleasure."
More In Movies
- "What people adore about superhero movies is the signal quality of the Christopher Nolan films – their complete lack of irony when it comes to the portrayal of heroism and the need for heroes to confront evil."― John Podhoretz
- "I’ve never held myself up particularly high when I had movies that worked, and I never held myself all that low when I had failures."― Ben Affleck
- "I always watched movies and rooted for the bad guys, you know? I’ve always been that kind of guy. I still hold some respect for criminals that are good at their jobs."― Justin Townes Earle