More From Mortimer Adler
- "It is love rather than sexual lust or unbridled sexuality if, in addition to the need or want involved, there is also some impulse to give pleasure to the persons thus loved and not merely to use them for our own selfish pleasure."
- "Freedom is the emancipation from the arbitrary rule of other men."
- "Conjugal love, or the friendship of spouses, can persist even after sexual desires have weakened, withered, and disappeared."
More In Movies
- "Movies are hard work. The public doesn’t see that. The critics don’t see it. But they’re a lot of work. A lot of work."― Robert De Niro
- "When you stop learning, stop listening, stop looking and asking questions, always new questions, then it is time to die."― Lillian Smith
- "And you also have to do movies that are about commerce because that’s what is required of the industry today."― Halle Berry