More From Molly Ivins
- "You can’t ignore politics, no matter how much you’d like to."
- "Next time I tell you someone from Texas should not be president of the United States, please pay attention."
- "As they say around the Texas Legislature, if you can’t drink their whiskey, screw their women, take their money, and vote against ’em anyway, you don’t belong in office."
More In Peace
- "This morning in the Washington Post there was a statistic about how 85% of Americans are Christians."― Sally Quinn
- "The hippies wanted peace and love. We wanted Ferraris, blondes and switchblades."― Alice Cooper
- "Our ideal is to make her ever stronger and better and finer, because in that way alone, as we believe, can she be of the greatest service to the world’s peace and to the welfare of mankind."― Henry Cabot Lodge