More From Mohsen Makhmalbaf
- "From 7 in the morning to 11 at night, I was reading. I don’t think one can find any other time in one’s life to be left alone so much to read in peace like that."
- "Five years ago, Samira did not want to continue in the regular school system in Iran. To help her with her education, I set up a home school. It wasn’t just for my family, it was open to other friends."
More In Society
- "Nobility is a graceful ornament to the civil order. It is the Corinthian capital of polished society."― Edmund Burke
- "Writing is a solitary occupation. Family, friends, and society are the natural enemies of the writer. He must be alone, uninterrupted, and slightly savage if he is to sustain and complete an undertaking."― Jessamyn West
- "Deep down, the US, with its space, its technological refinement, its bluff good conscience, even in those spaces which it opens up for simulation, is the only remaining primitive society."― Jean Baudrillard