More From Mohsen Makhmalbaf
- "From 7 in the morning to 11 at night, I was reading. I don’t think one can find any other time in one’s life to be left alone so much to read in peace like that."
- "Five years ago, Samira did not want to continue in the regular school system in Iran. To help her with her education, I set up a home school. It wasn’t just for my family, it was open to other friends."
More In Society
- "We are trying to construct a more inclusive society. We are going to make a country in which no one is left out."― Franklin D. Roosevelt
- "What’s done to children, they will do to society."― Karl A. Menninger
- "Stabilizing the euro is one thing, healing the culture that surrounds it is another. A world in which material values are everything and spiritual values nothing is neither a stable state nor a good society. The time has come for us to recover the Judeo-Christian ethic of human dignity in the image of God."― Jonathan Sacks