More From Mitch Daniels
- "But if our nation goes over a financial Niagara, we won’t have much strength and, eventually, we won’t have peace. We are currently borrowing the entire defense budget from foreign investors. Within a few years, we will be spending more on interest payments than on national security. That is not, as our military friends say, a ‘robust strategy.’"
- "In fact, it works the other way: A government as big and bossy as this one is maintained on the backs of the middle class and those who hope to join it."
- "We designed both our state employee health plans and the one we created for low-income Hoosiers as Health Savings Accounts, and now in the tens of thousands these citizens are proving that they are fully capable of making smart, consumerist choices about their own health care."
More In Music
- "Music, the greatest good that mortals know and all of heaven we have hear below."― Joseph Addison
- "Dance with a girl three times, and if you like the light of her eye and the tone of voice with which she, breathless, answers your little questions about horseflesh and music about affairs masculine and feminine, then take the leap in the dark."― Anthony Trollope
- "I felt I really wanted to back off from music completely and just work within the visual arts in some way. I started painting quite passionately at that time."― David Bowie