More From Mindy Kaling
- "I regard romantic comedies as a subgenre of sci-fi, in which the world operates according to different rules than my regular human world."
- "It used to be that you had to make female TV characters perfect so no one would be offended by your ‘portrayal’ of women. Even when I started out on ‘The Office’ eight years ago, we could write our male characters funny and flawed, but not the women. And now, thankfully, it’s completely different."
- "Not to be weird, but I still have an ongoing relationship with my mom, even though she passed away, and I’ve been surprised at how much I’ve been able to convey to her. Now I sound like a total weirdo, but that’s true."
More In Society
- "You can’t make up anything anymore. The world itself is a satire. All you’re doing is recording it."― Art Buchwald
- "The most dangerous creation of any society is the man who has nothing to lose."― James A. Baldwin
- "Society can overlook murder, adultery or swindling; it never forgives preaching of a new gospel."― Edmund Burke