More From Mindy Kaling
- "I used to forget that I was an Indian woman. I would even forget that I was a woman. I don’t think of myself as bringing to the table a lot of ‘women’s issues.’ I don’t feel the need to write about maternity. I grew up thinking that the talented people in comedy were hard-joke writers."
- "When people call me either a girl crush or their best friend, like, the best friend they want, that’s, to me, the best compliment anyone could ever give me."
- "I had these kind of unrealistic expectations that were fueled by romantic comedies, and it has both helped me and hurt me in many ways. It helped me because, in general, they’ve made me hopeful. I just figure things will eventually work out for me. But nobody is like any Tom Hanks character. Nobody is Hugh Grant. No one is Meg Ryan!"
More In Society
- "We must reject the idea that every time a law’s broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions."― Ronald Reagan
- "The imaginations which people have of one another are the solid facts of society."― Charles Horton Cooley
- "But hey, when you live in Watts, you need a little smack to get by, you know what I mean? You need something soft and comfortable in your life, ’cause you’re not going to get it from what’s around you. And society isn’t going to give it to you."― Jerry Garcia