More From Milton Friedman
- "History suggests that capitalism is a necessary condition for political freedom. Clearly it is not a sufficient condition."
- "Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself."
- "Concentrated power is not rendered harmless by the good intentions of those who create it."
More In Famous
- "Wood burns because it has the proper stuff in it; and a man becomes famous because he has the proper stuff in him."― Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
- "Always think of what is useful and not what is beautiful. Beauty will come of its own accord."― Nikolai Gogol
- "My goal was not to be famous or rich but to be good at what I did. And that required going to New York and studying and working in the theater."― Shirley Knight