More From Milton Friedman
- "The world runs on individuals pursuing their self interests. The great achievements of civilization have not come from government bureaus. Einstein didn’t construct his theory under order from a, from a bureaucrat. Henry Ford didn’t revolutionize the automobile industry that way."
- "We have a system that increasingly taxes work and subsidizes nonwork."
- "The black market was a way of getting around government controls. It was a way of enabling the free market to work. It was a way of opening up, enabling people."
More In Experience
- "The main thing experience has taught me is that one has to sort of hone their relationship to time, you know."― John Frusciante
- "I’m a method writer. In order to write about the emotion, I have to experience it. I get physically tired and exhausted, devoting hours and hours and hours to it."― Sherman Alexie
- "New Orleans is a city whose basic industry is the service industry. That’s why it makes its money. That’s – it brings people to the city. People come to the city and experience the wonders of this extraordinary city and everything else. The question is that, how do we create jobs which are the jobs that have pay, that – living wages?"― Danny Glover