More From Milan Kundera
- "Mankind’s true moral test, its fundamental test (which lies deeply buried from view), consists of its attitude towards those who are at its mercy: animals. And in this respect mankind has suffered a fundamental debacle, a debacle so fundamental that all others stem from it."
- "Art is the human disposition of sensible or intelligible matter for an esthetic end."
- "There is nothing heavier than compassion. Not even one’s own pain weighs so heavy as the pain one feels for someone, for someone, pain intensified by the imagination and prolonged by a hundred echos."
More In Jealousy
- "A serious and good philosophical work could be written consisting entirely of jokes."― Ludwig Wittgenstein
- "My wife’s jealousy is getting ridiculous. The other day she looked at my calendar and wanted to know who May was."― Rodney Dangerfield
- "The jealous are possessed by a mad devil and a dull spirit at the same time."― Johann Kaspar Lavater