More From Milan Kundera
- "No great movement designed to change the world can bear to be laughed at or belittled. Mockery is a rust that corrodes all it touches."
- "There is nothing heavier than compassion. Not even one’s own pain weighs so heavy as the pain one feels for someone, for someone, pain intensified by the imagination and prolonged by a hundred echos."
- "Mankind’s true moral test, its fundamental test (which lies deeply buried from view), consists of its attitude towards those who are at its mercy: animals. And in this respect mankind has suffered a fundamental debacle, a debacle so fundamental that all others stem from it."
More In Business
- "Performing doesn’t turn me on. It’s an egomaniac business, filled with prima donnas – including this one."― Dan Rather
- "Beauty is merciless. You do not look at it, it looks at you and does not forgive."― Nikos Kazantzakis
- "I want to go out at the top, but the secret is knowing when you’re at the top, it’s so difficult in this business, your career fluctuates all the time, up and down, like a pair of trousers."― Rod Stewart