More From Mikhail Bakunin
- "To my utter despair I have discovered, and discover every day anew, that there is in the masses no revolutionary idea or hope or passion."
- "The liberty of man consists solely in this, that he obeys the laws of nature because he has himself recognized them as such, and not because they have been imposed upon him externally by any foreign will whatsoever, human or divine, collective or individual."
- "Political Freedom without economic equality is a pretense, a fraud, a lie; and the workers want no lying."
More In Freedom
- "Pleasure and freedom from pain, are the only things desirable as ends."― John Stuart Mill
- "My father described this tall lady who stands in the middle of the New York harbor, holding high a torch to welcome people seeking freedom in America. I instantly fell in love."― Yakov Smirnoff
- "The President, in talking about freedom and democracy, is sparking a wave of very positive democratic sentiment that might help us override both Islamic fundamentalism that has formed in that region, and also some of the hatred for our policies of invading Iraq."― Bill Richardson