More From Mikhail Bakunin
- "The freedom of all is essential to my freedom."
- "But I recognize no infallible authority, even in special questions; consequently, whatever respect I may have for the honesty and the sincerity of such or such an individual, I have no absolute faith in any person."
- "The liberty of man consists solely in this, that he obeys the laws of nature because he has himself recognized them as such, and not because they have been imposed upon him externally by any foreign will whatsoever, human or divine, collective or individual."
More In Freedom
- "I listen like mad to any conversation taking place next to me just trying to hear why this is funny. Women’s restrooms are especially great. I wash my hands twice waiting for people to come in and start talking."― Lynda Barry
- "We are living in the excesses of freedom. Just take a look at 42nd Street and Broadway."― Will Durant
- "The very idea of freedom incites fear in the hearts of terrorists across the world."― Elizabeth Dole