More From Mike Pence
- "And conservatives know that if you reject these principles of limited government and urge others to reject them you can be my ally, you can be my friend but you cannot call yourself a conservative."
- "The conservative movement today is like that tall ship with its proud captain: strong, accomplished but veering off course into the dangerous and uncharted waters of big government republicanism."
- "More than anything else, let me be clear – we need to be willing to fight for freedom, and free markets, and traditional moral values. That’s what the American people want to see this movement and this party return to."
More In War
- "I would make this war as severe as possible, and show no symptoms of tiring till the South begs for mercy."― William Tecumseh Sherman
- "One may know how to gain a victory, and know not how to use it."― Pedro Calderon de la Barca
- "It just seems to me that the world’s kind of a mess, and the more messy it gets, the more interested I am in escapist fare. Having a good time is something that isn’t about the war in Iraq or the Asian flu or the Kyoto protocol – things that are horribly depressing to consider in our real lives. I’m eager to get away from them."― Eric Stoltz