More From Mignon McLaughlin
- "If you made a list of reasons why any couple got married, and another list of the reasons for their divorce, you’d have a hell of a lot of overlapping."
- "A sense of humor is a major defense against minor troubles."
- "We all become great explorers during our first few days in a new city, or a new love affair."
More In Friendship
- "Happiness is understanding that friendship is more precious than mere things, more precious than getting your own way, more precious than being in situations where true principles are not at stake."― J. Donald Walters
- "I have many times thought I did the wrong thing, but the reason was not to be a medical doctor – it was just to have the information. But then, maybe I was wrong, I don’t know."― Lennart Nilsson
- "The value of old age depends upon the person who reaches it. To some men of early performance it is useless. To others, who are late to develop, it just enables them to finish the job."― Thomas Hardy