More From Michelle Obama
- "Like so many American families, our families weren’t asking for much. They didn’t begrudge anyone else’s success or care that others had much more than they did… in fact, they admired it."
- "And I love that even in the toughest moments, when we’re all sweating it – when we’re worried that the bill won’t pass, and it seems like all is lost – Barack never lets himself get distracted by the chatter and the noise. Just like his grandmother, he just keeps getting up and moving forward… with patience and wisdom, and courage and grace."
- "The truth is, in order to get things like universal health care and a revamped education system, then someone is going to have to give up a piece of their pie so that someone else can have more."
More In Friendship
- "Friendship based solely upon gratitude is like a photograph; with time it fades."― Carmen Sylva
- "Wishing to be friends is quick work, but friendship is a slow ripening fruit."― Aristotle
- "It may be a cold, clammy thing to say, but those that treat friendship the same as any other selfishness seem to get the most out of it."― E. W. Howe