More From Michel de Montaigne
- "If you press me to say why I loved him, I can say no more than because he was he, and I was I."
- "If you don’t know how to die, don’t worry; Nature will tell you what to do on the spot, fully and adequately. She will do this job perfectly for you; don’t bother your head about it."
- "Age imprints more wrinkles in the mind than it does on the face."
More In Friendship
- "Many a person has held close, throughout their entire lives, two friends that always remained strange to one another, because one of them attracted by virtue of similarity, the other by difference."― Emil Ludwig
- "A woman may very well form a friendship with a man, but for this to endure, it must be assisted by a little physical antipathy."― Friedrich Nietzsche
- "A friend is someone who gives you total freedom to be yourself."― Jim Morrison