More From Michel de Montaigne
- "Let us permit nature to have her way. She understands her business better than we do."
- "The value of life lies not in the length of days, but in the use we make of them… Whether you find satisfaction in life depends not on your tale of years, but on your will."
- "It is not death, it is dying that alarms me."
More In Friendship
- "Friendship with ones self is all important, because without it one cannot be friends with anyone else in the world."― Eleanor Roosevelt
- "Free is the best. Anything free is good."― Sandra Bullock
- "My parents, and librarians along the way, taught me about the space between words; about the margins, where so many juicy moments of life and spirit and friendship could be found. In a library, you could find miracles and truth and you might find something that would make you laugh so hard that you get shushed, in the friendliest way."― Anne Lamott