More From Michel de Montaigne
- "The value of life lies not in the length of days, but in the use we make of them… Whether you find satisfaction in life depends not on your tale of years, but on your will."
- "The most certain sign of wisdom is cheerfulness."
- "There is not much less vexation in the government of a private family than in the managing of an entire state."
More In Friendship
- "Time makes friendship stronger, but love weaker."― Jean de la Bruyere
- "True friendship can afford true knowledge. It does not depend on darkness and ignorance."― Henry David Thoreau
- "Today, I, too, wish to reaffirm that I intend to continue on the path toward improved relations and friendship with the Jewish people, following the decisive lead given by John Paul II."― Pope Benedict XVI